The Town of Branford is working closely with the East Shore District Health, federal, state and healthcare providers to monitor the 2019 Corona Virus (COVID-19).
Currently there is no significant risk to Branford residents. While the immediate risk of this new virus to our community is low at this time, everyone should use these practices to keep themselves safe:
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick. Children should stay home from school or daycare if they are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then through the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Call ahead before visiting you doctor, if you have a fever and symptoms of respiratory illness, such as cough or difficulty breathing.
Residents and businesses should create a plan to address the possibility of COVID-19 becoming widespread in the community.
We are encouraging residents to be prepared, as if this was a pending storm emergency.
I encourage everyone to visit the CDC Website at cdc.gov click on Coronavirus 2019 to find the latest information including information on emergency planning.
Any questions or concerns should be addressed by contacting the East Shore District Health Department at 203-481-4233.