The Shoreline YMCA sent out the following to its members Sunday regarding a member who used the facility who has tested positive for the Corona virus:
"We take the health and well-being of our everyone in our community very seriously. We understand that an individual who was present at the YMCA on March 9, has tested positive with COVID-19. All those who were present at the Soundview Family YMCA may have been exposed to this virus.
"Out of an abundance of caution, we want to let you know about this possible contact. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the virus is thought to spread mainly between people who are in close contact with one another (within about 6 feet) through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes. If you experience symptoms of respiratory illness (fever, coughing or shortness of breath), please contact your health care provider.
"Virus Prevention Tips:
· If you or a loved one is experiencing flu like symptoms including fever, cough, or shortness of breath please stay home, rest and contact your medical provider.
· Wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use hand sanitizer when soap and water is not an option.
· Avoid closed contact with those that are sick.
· Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
· Stay home until you are free of fever for at least 24 hours.
· Cover your cough with a tissue and throw it in the trash. Dump the trash regularly.
· Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
"Please be well and take care of yourself during this time."